Fletcher King understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.fletcherking.co.uk (“Our Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a manner that is consistent with Our obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means any account required to access or use certain areas and features of Our Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by Our Site when you visit certain parts of Our Site and/or when you use certain features of Our Site. Details of the Cookies used by Our Site are set out in section 11, below;|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
|“personal data”||means any and all data that relates to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified from that data. In this case, it means personal data that you give to Us via Our Site. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the EU Regulation 2016/679 – the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”); and|
|“We/Us/Our”||means Fletcher King Services Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 01140727, whose registered address is 61 Conduit Street, London, W1S 2GB.|
2. Information About Us
- 2.1 Our Site is owned and operated by Fletcher King Services Limited, a limited company registered in England under company number 01140727, whose registered address is 61 Conduit Street, London, W1S 2GB.
- 2.2 Our Data Protection Officer is Peter Bailey, and can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by telephone on 020 7493 8400, or by post at 61 Conduit Street, London, W1S 2GB.
- 2.3 We are regulated by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
4. Your Rights
- 4.1 As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and Our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- 4.1.1 The right to be informed about Our collection and use of personal data;
- 4.1.2 The right of access to the personal data We hold about you (see section 12);
- 4.1.3 The right to rectification if any personal data We hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete (please contact Us using the details in section 14);
- 4.1.4 The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask Us to delete any personal data We hold about you (We only hold your personal data for a limited time, as explained in section 6 but if you would like Us to delete it sooner, please contact Us using the details in section 12);
- 4.1.5 The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- 4.1.6 The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- 4.1.7 The right to object to Us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- 4.1.8 Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
- 4.2 If you have any cause for complaint about Our use of your personal data, please contact Us using the details provided in section 14 and We will do Our best to solve the problem for you. If We are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- 4.3 For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
5. What Data Do We Collect?
- 5.1 name;
- 5.2 business/company name
- 5.3 job title;
- 5.4 profession;
- 5.5 contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- 5.6 demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests;
- 5.7 IP address;
- 5.8 web browser type and version;
- 5.9 operating system;
- 5.10 a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
6. How Do We Use Your Data?
- 6.1 All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with Our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. For more details on security see section 7, below.
- 6.2 Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for Our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to Our use of your personal data (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in Our legitimate interests. Specifically, We may use your data for the following purposes:
- 6.2.1 Providing and managing your Account;
- 6.2.2 Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- 6.2.3 Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- 6.2.4 Supplying Our services to you (please note that We require your personal data in order to enter into a contract with you);
- 6.2.5 Personalising and tailoring Our services for you;]
- 6.2.6 Replying to emails from you;
- 6.2.7 Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by contacting Us
- 6.2.8 Market research;
- 6.2.9 Analysing your use of Our Site to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
- 6.3 With your permission and/or where permitted by law, We may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message or post with information, news and updates on Our services. We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
- 6.4 Third parties whose content appears on Our Site may use third party Cookies. Please refer to section 11 for more information on controlling Cookies. Please note that We do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data they collect and use and advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
- 6.5 You have the right to withdraw your consent to Us using your personal data at any time, and to request that We delete it.
- 6.6 We do not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
7. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- 7.1 Data security is very important to Us, and to protect your data We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- 7.2 We only keep your personal data for as long as We need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it.
- 7.2 Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR.
8. Do We Share Your Data?
- 8.1 Subject to sections 8.2, 8.3 and 8.4, We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes.
- 8.2 We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. We may from time to time share such anonymised data with third parties such as prospective investors and service partners. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- 8.3 We contract with third parties to supply services to you on Our behalf. These may include email delivery, search engine facilities, advertising, and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all of your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- 8.4 We use MailChimp as a third party data processor for email delivery. This processor is located outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Where We transfer any personal data outside the EEA, We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR:
- 8.5 In certain circumstances, We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal data, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with legal requirements, a court order, or a governmental authority.
9.Your Right to Withhold Information
- 9.1 You may access Our Site without providing any data at all.
10. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held). Under the GDPR, no fee is payable and We will provide any and all information in response to your request free of charge. Please contact Us for more details at email@example.com, or using the contact details below in section 12.
- 11.1 All Cookies used by and on Our Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
- 11.3 Certain features of Our Site depend on Cookies to function. Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies, but it is still important that you are aware of them. You may still block these Cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings, but please be aware that Our Site may not work properly if you do so. We have taken great care to ensure that your privacy is not at risk by allowing them.
- 11.4 By using Our Site you may also receive certain third party Cookies on your computer or device. Third party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than Us.
12. Contacting Us