Expert advice and guidance is a necessity in order to navigate the UK’s most complex Business Tax.
Business rates cost property occupiers over £33 billion every year, and contribute around 5% of all the UK taxes raised by the Exchequer. Rates are currently higher than any other corporate tax in the UK and furthermore, the level of property taxes in the UK is higher than in any of the European Union Countries.
As Rating Advisors, our aim is to assist our clients in understanding one of the most complex areas of UK taxation, and manage their liabilities accordingly.
Our priority is to mitigate our clients’ rate liabilities within the permitted parameters of the Rating Regulations. We also ensure that no opportunity is missed to take advantage of changing legislative frameworks, either through the appeal processes or by simply understanding the complexity of the ever-changing reliefs and exemptions that may be available.
Like all overheads, business rates need constant monitoring and, whether you’re an owner or occupier of property, rates are a tax where expert advice is now a necessity rather than a choice for most British businesses.
- £2.2m of rate savings on MTV’s Camden Lock European headquarters
- 11% average reduction in rateable value across UK Portfolio of 40 bowling alleys
- £200,000 rebate on London headquarters
- Reduction in assessment from RV £2.52m to RV £2.11m on Creston’s Soho headquarter offices
- 15% reduction in assessment for loss of trade in consequence of nearby building works, following successful Valuation Tribunal hearing